Re: Lucas strikes again

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas strikes again
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 21:26:23 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, robert weeks wrote:

> turn. While I was in there, I figured I'd should replace the coil
> and any suspicious wires which I did since when it does turn over
> it still isn't firing up.

Robert,
with the above sentence, do you mean that you solved the problem of the
starter turning slowly and now it just doesn't fire up, or is the starter
still turning slowly?

If so, check your ground strap between body and engine.  It is a big
braided strap connecting from where the engine connects to the
transmission under the car.  Another clue would be your choke or throttle
cable getting hot while you are trying to start, as they are trying to do
the ground straps job...

                                                           '67 Sprite