Lucas strikes again

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas strikes again
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:21:01 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
hello,

Yesterday I installed the new heater motor in the Midget and
cleaned out the heater core. I was all ready to take it for a spin
when I went to start the car and had no luck. The starter motor
barely turned or more accurately turned slowly and it wouldn't
start up. I noticed that one of the wire lugs on the solonoid was
hanging on by a thread, so I went and got a new solonoid and
all new battery, solonoid to starter, and grounding cables. Still
no luck. The starter turns as if the battery was dying but the battery
seems fine, ie; lights, radio etc work fine even when starter won't
turn. While I was in there, I figured I'd should replace the coil
and any suspicious wires which I did since when it does turn over
it still isn't firing up.

This car always started fine until yesterday. I guess it's time to
pull the six month old starter motor but it's dark out now so it will
have to wait until tomorrow or the weekend.

A six month old starter *should* work just fine, has anyone had
this problem and come up with something I have overlooked?

TIA,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget