Re: Lucas strikes again

To: robert@woozy.com (robert weeks)
Subject: Re: Lucas strikes again
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 01:22:11 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

Since your starter problem coincides with your heater blower
replacement, I would wonder if, maybe, you connected up the heater
blower wrong?  I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing (uh-oh, here comes
trouble) that, if you have a power wire connected to ground, and
vice-versa, you may get a problem with power delivery (or ground)
elsewhere in the car(?).  I'm sure I'm about to get flamed by 30 people
who disagree with me, but if this were MY car, I'd switch the wires and
see what happens.  OTOH, since this is YOUR car, you might want to get a
second opinion (and make sure that switching the wires won't hurt
anything).

 Of course, you could just stop being lazy and take that starter out and
test it  (-;

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort