Re: Install Engine With Head On or Off ??

To: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Install Engine With Head On or Off ??
From: Adrian <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 12:29:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I, too, take the head off to reduce weight, and also separate from the
transmission, leaving it in the car.  I reinstall the engine without the
head and put it on after the engine is in place and bolted down.  Not
having the extra weight makes a difference when you don't have "normal"
engine pulling equipment, which, in my case, consists of two sets of
shoulders, a lawn timber, and a chain.  Hope this helps...

adrian

--
email:  adrian@icx.net

"How about going back to sleep for