PCV valve/breather

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PCV valve/breather
From: Chas Douglass <chasd@halcyon.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 06:00:40 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My '60 Sprite appears to have a PCV valve on the breather tube between
the rocker cover and the air cleaner.  I don't see this part listed by
Moss (although I've missed stuff before!), and I find no mention of it
in the shop manual.

This valve sits, or is supposed to sit, in a rubber grommet/seal in the
rocker cover.  The grommet, valve, and breather tube are all in rotten
shape, and I want to "fix" it.

The engine appears to be the later 948 from an MG and not the original
948.

Any suggestions?  Is the PCV valve a late addition that I can just
scrap?  If so, where would I get a fitting, or what might I use to make
a new breather tube just "plug in" to the rocker cover?

Thanks!

Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA