Re: PCV valve/breather

To: Ron Soave <redlotus@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: PCV valve/breather
From: Rick Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:47:08 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Ron,

I have a question, Does your engine leak at the rear seal position (I
know it doesn't have one)?  I was thinking of doing this because I am
installing a Weber, and it doesn't have a manifold vaccuum port for the
PCV valve to keep a neg pressure on the crank case.  This would tell me
it will leak like crazy.  Does It?

BTW HAPPY THANKS GIVING EVERYONE!!!!

I hope today I will have time to get in a little work on puddles.

Rick

52 MGTD, 74 B, 76 XJ12C, & Puddles (60 Frogeye)

Ron Soave wrote:

> The breather tube on mine just runs to the fitting on the fwd carb air
> cleaner (it's using the carb air cleaner as its filter for the breather
> air).  No valve in-line.  I can e-mail you a photo if you like.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving!
> Ron Soave
> '61 Bugeye

snip