Re: Question for the list.

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Question for the list.
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 09:32:41 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
William M. Schickling wrote:

> List,
>
> Just wondering how many of you actually have support, I mean real support,
> from your significant other ?

Good day to ask that question, Bill.

I managed to lure Frank Clarici and his friend Joe Meccia down from New
Jersey by offering free Midget parts -- anything they wanted to take
from a Midget I got as a donor car for the two barn bugeyes I was
given.  We spent Saturday dismantling the Midget, and although my
significant other wasn't there all day, he did come by to bring food and
offer moral support.  Lest you think I'm the sort of female Sprite owner
who stands by and watches while the real work is done, I want you to
know that my muscles are aching to the point that I can't stand up
straight.  (Handing tools to people can be very tiring.)

My significant other went with me to check out the first Sprite I bought
and was the one to arrange the logistics of pulling the bugeyes and
Midget out of the barn.  He has even been known to wax the car on the
Friday before a show because I was traveling for work and couldn't do it
myself.  All this, and his only reward is being a passenger.  He's too
tall to drive the bugeye.  Strange to think that he tried to convince me
to buy an old Mercedes SL450 instead of the Sprite.

Yes, I'd say I have real support from him!

Amy