Re: V6 in a Midget

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: V6 in a Midget
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 18:01:25 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Adrian Jones wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>         A pal of mine has recently acquired a rubber bumper Midget.
> Apparently, it has a hole in the block where the piston tried to get out.
> He has done the math and concluded that he could get a good used V6 for
> half the price of a 1500 engine rebuild.  He was talking about the V6 from
> the Ford ranger Pick-up, for some reason.
>         Has anybody got any advice on this subject.
> Incidentally, he is quite serious and capable of the work involved - he has
> put a V8 in his MGBGT.  He was hoping that this project might involve less
> work in cutting up the inside of the car, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance,    Adrian
>
> TIA,     Adrian

Someone in the Kansas City area is currently putting a GM 2.8 liter V6
in their Midget.  If you are interested I can find out their name.  He
has written several articles in our newsletter concerning his project.
It sounds like a lot of work and the car still isn't running.  If I were
to do something along those lines I would probably lean towards a Mazda
rotary engine.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO

'65 Sprite (for sale)
'71 MGB
'74 MGBGT
'74 TR6
'76 TR6
9 other asorted MGBs
'89 MR2
'97 Z28
and last (but certainly not least!) a very understanding wife!!