Re: V6 in a Midget

To: AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: V6 in a Midget
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 17:41:52 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> From spridgets-owner@autox.team.net Mon Dec  1 17:20:53 1997
> From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
> Subject: V6 in a Midget
> To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
>
> Hi Folks,
>         A pal of mine has recently acquired a rubber bumper Midget. =
>
> Apparently, it has a hole in the block where the piston tried to get out.=
>  =

It's common for 1500s to do this.  Did you know the 1500 engine started
as 803cc and they did almost nothing to strengthen the bottom end when
they increased the capacity!

> He has done the math and concluded that he could get a good used V6 for
> half the price of a 1500 engine rebuild.  He was talking about the V6 fro=
> the Ford ranger Pick-up, for some reason.
>         Has anybody got any advice on this subject.
> Incidentally, he is quite serious and capable of the work involved - he h=
> as
> put a V8 in his MGBGT.  He was hoping that this project might involve les=
> work in cutting up the inside of the car, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance,    Adrian =

I think you'll find that transplanting any engine into s spridget will be
a major task due to the very small amount of space available for the
gearbox.

A v8 into an MGB is not such a big deal as the MGBGT V8 did come from
the factory with the Rover (Buick) 3.5 litre V8.

> TIA,     Adrian

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
 |`,...____...---"'         \| 'scuse me while I fix my tie          |