Re: Datsun 5-Speed

To: "Shawn J. Tobin" <tobisj@aud.alcatel.com>, millerls@email.msn.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Datsun 5-Speed
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 14:34:31 -0500
Cc: Rivergate@compuserve.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Guyz,

Regarding all these boots, covers, bushings, etc:

1. I have got replacements for the bushings on the shifter
   pivot bold; DPO had used shim stock in the hole in the lever.

2. What about the plastic "foot" at the bottom of the shifter;
   replace that too?

3. I'll order a new clutch-fork boot, but with all that metal
   cut away for the starter, I don't see how it can do any good at
   all. The bell housing is already wide open.

4. I can find no evidence of a bushing for the clutch fork. It just
seems to ride on a bullet-shaped post that comes out from the
   back of the bell. Should it have something over it?

Guess I gotta make one last trip to my local "Michael Jordan"
Nissan dealer, who seems to want to forget that there ever was a Datsun.

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net