1275 cc Engine Disassembly

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1275 cc Engine Disassembly
From: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 17:03:05 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The engine is apart in the garage and is almost ready for a rebore.  There
are two things I need to take off, and need help on:

1.  The distributor shaft - how to get it out?  The distributor itself is
out, and so is the camshaft and oil pan, etc. I have put a 5/16 in bolt
into the top of the distributor shaft, as the Haynes book says.  Then it
says "withdraw the shaft".  How? Just a pull?  Tried that. Need more force?
 Or it unscrews?  Which way (neither works).  It's not locked up, and it
turns fine.  But how to get it out?

2.  Any idea on how to free up the Woodruff keys on the ends of the
crankshaft and camshaft?

Thanks,

Daryl