Re: Mk IV rollbars

Subject: Re: Mk IV rollbars
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:26:31 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Am I generalizing when I say that ALL normal rollbars that we come across
are made for street cars and allow the top to be used and that only the
real race bars that look kinda goofy because they are VERY high won't?

At least every bar I've ever seen in VB, Moss, etc. allowed the use of a
top (and totally destroyed the lines of the car, sorry had to squeeze that
in somewhere:-).

Ulix

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Tom Shirley wrote:
> > >Thinking about it it's pretty doubtful.  I really would like to put a
> > >rollbar on my midget, but if it starts raining the added style of the
> > >rollbar isn't going to make me feel any dryer.
> >
> >  Actually, I've sort of been wondering the same thing. I have a Mk IV
> > Sprite with the fold down top and was wondering how/if I could install a
> > roll bar and still use the top. Any ideas???
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Amy
>
> To All Spridgeteers
>
>  I sold my roll bar a couple of months ago. It fit my Mk IV. You could
> raise and drop the top with no problem. It was made by Kirk Engineering
> of Birmingham, AL.

> * Tom Shirley                                             *
> * Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)              *
> * 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)     71 MG Midget       *
> * Visit the Nickel & Dime Racing website at               *
> * http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080        *

                                                           '67 Sprite