Re: Dare we hope?

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dare we hope?
From: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 23:59:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Volkswagen is planning to re-introduce the Beetle.

The beetle is a classic, people will buy them just because they're so
cool.

> Rover has ordered up a new Mini.

I've never understood why people like Minis.  I think they look
incredibly stupid.  Call me crazy.  No offense to mini lovers, I just
think they're dumb.  *shrug*

> The London Times today revealed that Citroen has ordered its
> engineers to come up with a new 2CV.

Most Citroen employees, apparently, are on crack.

> Can a new Sprite be far behind?

I doubt it.  Nobody knows what a sprite is.  I mean come on, everyone
knows what a beetle is.  Everybody knows what a mini is because of that
idiot Bean guy that was lord of the BBC a while back in between Dr. Who
reruns.  But ask the average joe what an Austin-Healy Sprite looks like,
no, they won't know.  MG Midget or MGB?  Maybe.

At least in my part of the world, that's how it is.  I honestly don't
think they'd have a market for a new sprite.  At this point, though, I
don't think I'll ever buy a new car.  They always work!  It's like
riding on an air pillow!  Let's face it - who wants that!?

 __.o,\____  *       Eric Mumford          *   ('v')  -> BA-KUK!
/__ \ /  _ ) *      mumford@rpi.edu        *  ((   ))
 (+)`---(+)  * http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu * --"---"--o