Re: Upgrading Hydraulics

To: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Subject: Re: Upgrading Hydraulics
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:02:58 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The dual box is about an inch wider that the single, so you need to cut the
bulkhead and replace the angleiron braces than the box bolts to.  It's also
an inch or so shorter so that you have a gap to fill at the bottom of the
bulkhead.  So the car gets cut and shut to a rather large degree, from an
originality point of view.  I did it on my race car, I'm not going to do it
on my restoration job car.  In my opinion, a well installed, well maintained
single line system, with operational parking brake, is acceptable on a low
mileage showcar type auto.  But if I drove a car regularly, or in actual
traffic, I'd go to a dual cylinder setup!  I believe it's doable to get
other aftermarket master cylinders into the single pedalbox, with some
custom milling of the cylinders, and some ingenuity.  I just haven't had to
try yet!

Brian