Speedbleeders

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedbleeders
From: James D Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:06:12 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I was working on my motorcycle this weekend and discussing the finer
points of braking systems and the fun that entails bleeding them.
My friend suggested installing "speedbleeders". He said they basically
eliiminate the "loosen, squeeze and hold, tighten, release" senario. All
they are is a replacement bleed nipple with a ball-bearing valve.
All you do is loosen them and pump the brakes and the one way ball-bearing
valve prevents air from getting into the system. My friend swears by
them. I checked out their website (speedbleeder.com) and it looks decent.
My question is has anyone tried them on their Healey or another other
vehicle? Are they worth the $6.50 a piece? Sure would be nice if they
worked as claimed cause I want to... sorry, have to bleed the Sprite this
winter. Bikes are a snap compaired to LBC's.

Thanks,
Jim Rowan
60 Sprite