Re: If you feel like answering...

To: Jim Henderson <jphender@inav.net>
Subject: Re: If you feel like answering...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 20:36:25 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Jim Henderson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> More bits and pieces:
>
> 1.  My '69 Sprite has a two-groove pulley behind the fan.
>     There appears to never have been an air pump.  Kosher?

Not Kosher, 1968 started the air pumps. Most have been removed by the time the
car
was 1 year old.

> 2.  On the little plate that bolts on the water pump and
>     supports the generator, there is a threaded hole.  What
>     is it for?  I don't see an idler pulley.  I hope I didn't
>     lose one.

The air pump! Or at least the air pump bracket.

> 3.  I am hoping to start it tomorrow for the first time in 10
>     years.  I will be following the steps picked up from this
>     group:
>         A: Pour an ounce of oil into the oil pump inlet to
>            prime oil pump.
>
>         B: Turn the engine over with the plugs removed to
>            circulate oil throughout engine.
>
>         C: Fire it up!
>
>   ANY OTHER TIPS/PRECAUTIONS/INCANTATIONS????

Disconnect the fuel line from the carbs so as not to pump in any old gas, bugs,
rust or what have you.
Remove the float bowl tops and fill each bowl with fresh gas, then start it up.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites