Re: Help

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Help
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 17:16:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank,

Deepest sympathies, although I think we all know if anyone will fix it by
sundown, it'll be you.

With that said, my .02:
I've been reserving comment on these Japanese transmission'd Spridgets
(probably because I secretly hope to install one in my next car), but now I
think it's clear what's happened.  The rest of the British stuff feels
threatened, and is rejecting the transmission.  This is like when they put
a pig's heart valve in a human and the patient's body goes into toxic
shock.  It happened on my Bug when I did something as simple as put in an
American gas pedal.  In my worst experience, I installed a VDO oil pressure
gauge in a Spitfire, and the Smith's temp gauge which had never failed
before happily read at the halfway "Norm" position, even as the coolant
from the warped head spewed all over the engine as it overheated on its
maiden ride.  On the Lotus, I'm certain it was the Yokohama tires that led
to the exhaust fire.

Good luck, and how much do you want for that tranny?,
Ron