Re: Rust bucket (seats)

To: gkirk@empirenet.com (Gregory Kirk)
Subject: Re: Rust bucket (seats)
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 01:33:03 -0500
Cc: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In my brother's machine shop, he occasionally uses a product that is a
metal-based putty-like material.  When it's applied and sanded, you
can't tell it from metal.  It's extremely strong (he's used it on heavy
equipment and never had it fail), but expensive, so you wouldn't want to
use a lot of it.   I've used it in a small not-visible (much) place on
the Midget (where the top snaps onto the side/rear - rebuilt the area
around a couple holes, then drilled new holes) and it's held up great
(even with regularly snapping the top on and off).  If you're
interested, I can e-mail him and get the name of the product, source,
and probably pricing guesstimates.  It may take a few days though - he's
not to quick answering his e-mail.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort