AAAH! now what happened?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: AAAH! now what happened?
From: Amy Soich <casoich@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 21:08:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Okay so, the car was turning, but not starting. Theory, sat 15 years, engine
wasn't turning fast enough to start. Pulled the plugs out dropped some light
weight oil in there; tried to crank it a bit to work it all loose in there.
Turned once, wouldn't turn again. The second time it sounded as if the starter
was turning, just not engaging with the engine. Third try, bad noise. Bad bad
noise. Fourth try, now with plugs back in, a click nothing more. Did my
starter go? Solenoid maybe? There's something that is making the noise and
keeps poking a part out of it everytime i turn the key. It's small, roundish,
black and mounted between the heater box and the heater fan. I can't find this
thing in my books anywhere; is this the solenoid? Whatever it is, why is it
mockingly sticking it's tongue out at me and making a belching noise? Whatever
this thing is, it's pissing me off ;}

 Anyone?

As always..thanks,

Amy