Re: REAR AXLE SEALS

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Brian Evans" <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: REAR AXLE SEALS
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:23:07 +1100
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just check for "excessive" rocking of the hub and for any uneven
resistance to spinning or leaking of oil into the drum. I replace
bearings and seals on any one of those symptoms.

Also, I use sealed bearings these days - there are some uprated
sealed bearings that fit exactly - they have more balls and seem
to cope with racing loads better.

The details are listed in the article "Modifying your spridget"
on the AHSDC tech page

http://www.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/cars/goblins/doctora.htm

Mike