Bibliography

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bibliography
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 17:23:41 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
There have been a number of books published that are of value to those
who appreciate the Austin-Healey Sprite.  Below is a list of the books
in my library, and I would certainly be interested in knowing of others
that I may have missed.  (Again, anyone in Southern California is
welcome to look at these and my catalogs of English suppliers.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California
                            ----------------

"Austin-Healey Sprite Driver’s Handbook", (The Austin Motor Company,
1958)
        Original driver’s handbook.

"Austin-Healey Sprite Workshop Manual", (The Austin Motor Company, n.d.)
        Original factory workshop manual.

"The Austin-Healey Sprite Service Parts List, AKD 829",  (British Motor
Corporation, n.d.)
        Factory parts manual.

"The Austin-Healey Sprite (Mark II) Service Parts Manual, AKD 1763",
(British Motor Corporation, n.d.)
        Factory parts manual.

"Guide to Purchase & D.I.Y. Restoration of the MG Midget & Austin-Healey
Sprite", Lindsay Porter (Haynes, 1984)
        Detailed guide to a ground-up restoration.

"'Practical Classics' on Midget/Sprite Restoration", (Brookland Books,
n.d.)
        Complete do-it-yourself “Spridget” restoration guide

"Austin-Healey 'Frogeye' Sprite", R.M. Clarke (comp) (Brookland Books,
n.d.)
        Reprints of magazine articles

"The Complete Official 948cc & 1098cc Sprite/Midget", (Robert Bentley,
Inc., 1967)
        Driver’s handbook, Workshop manual, Special Tuning Manual

"Austin-Healey Repair and Tune-up Guide", Harold T. Glenn (Chilton Book
Company, 1965)
        Performance and mechanical standards for Austins,
Austin-Healeys,
        and Sprites

"Chilton’s Repair & Tune-up guide", Austin-Healey, (Chilton Book
Company, 1973)
        Repairs, specifications, do-it-yourself maintenance for
        Austin-Healeys and Sprites

"Austin-Healey Sprite", 1958-1971, R.M. Clarke (comp) (Brookland Books,
n.d.)
        Reprint of magazine articles

"The Sprites and Midgets:  A Collector’s Guide", Eric Dymock (Motor
Racing Publications Ltd., 1981)
        Guide to details, changes, modifications

"Austin-Healey Sprite Super Profile", Lindsay Porter (Haynes, 1983)
        Commentary, reprints of magazine articles, hints on restoration