Re: Midget Radio??

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Radio??
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 21:12:25 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mark Endicott wrote:

> Spridgeteers:
>
> I have been rebuilding all of the Midget interior and I am now ready
> to put it back together.  The old radio that is in the console is shot
> and I am going to replace it with something a little more modern.  The
> opening is 7 1/8 long by 2 1/8 high,  there is seemingly nothing to
> mount anything to.  The old radio (not original) was more or less held
> in with foam and one screw through a strap to the bottom of the
> console. It rattled and was always sliding around.  What type of radio
> and mounts are others using that are solid and still fit in the
> console?
>
> Thanks,
> --
I have a JVC in 1 Sprite, and a Sony in the other. My son is making up some
super duper bounce the quarter off the tonneau cover type "sound system"
for my (our) 60 Sprite, it will probably go down the road going
BOOM_BOOM_BOOM like a lot of kids cars today but only when he drives it.
All Sprites are using the late (68 on) radio consul.
If the front has been cut out completly, cut a piece of metal or 1/4"
plywood for a face plate, the new radio plastic cover will hide the wood or
metal.

Good luck
--
Frank Clarici