Re: Distributor Points

To: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Points
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:23:36 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just got off the phone  with the tech guys at standard about the Blue
Streak stuff, and he gave me the following information on Blue Streak
Lucas replacement parts.

LU1617XP - Points
LU206 - Condenser
LU300 - Rotor
LU422 - Cap (like stock)
LU429 - Cap (with push on wires)

The guy was real helpful, and seemed interested in the car.  Pretty good
call, they seem to really like cars. The tech said to check out the
parts book if the local guys had it to double check, but everything he
said matched my car, he didn't have my distributor listed though, since
I have one of the 23D4 centrifugal advanced distributors, but he had the
25D4, and I know they are the same.

I got the number from their homepage http://www.smpcorp.com/home.htm and
there is a link there listing local distributors nationwide.  Give the
local guys the parts number, and they can order the parts for you.  I
looked and the closest place was a Mustang shop, I'll stop by there and
see if they will order it next week for me.

The caps are not being produced anymore, but try anyway, there might be
some still in the warehouse system.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson---Dallas, TX---1967 A-H Sprite---H-AN9-L/69437
My Sprite Site

Hey LBC'ers come to Spriterush - Carlisle PA, May 11-14
Go to http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut for more information
Sprites-Midgets-Minis-Minors-Big Healeys-MG's other BMC models are
welcome.