Re: WHAT'S A DATSUN 210?

To: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: WHAT'S A DATSUN 210?
From: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:47:58 -0500
Cc: Greg MAHNEY <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK to further clarify my post:  If you look at Datsun parts books or the
plate in the engine compartment the MODEL is B310.  It was called a 210 in
this country for 2 reasons that I can figure out. 1 - They sold another (
front wheel drive ) car as the 310 here. 2 - probably to capitalize on the
previous model which was the B210 and actually was MODEL B210.  The reason
I referred to the model # was to assist Greg in Australia with identifing
which model we were talking about here ( the car was not sold as a 210
there ).

As an aside the B210 used a 5 speed which is completely different from the
210 tranny.  It is derived from the larger size transmissions and is quite
beefy. It also uses different clutch splines.

An interesting tip is how to make the clutch self adjusting.  Just put a
light spring inside the slave cylinder pressing back on the piston.  It
isn't strong enough to move the clutch lever but will eliminate the need to
ever adjust the clutch.  Lots of Datsun models had this spring but not the
210.