Belated introduction

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Belated introduction
From: Bkitterer <Bkitterer@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 05:06:44 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Folks,

We sort of just jumped into the group feet first with out introducing
ourselves.  So this is the belated introduction.

We bought a matched pair of new Sprites in Feb. 1960, we were not married at
that time.  One went by the wayside with in the year and we still own the
other one (her car).  This was our only transportation for several years and
we drove it 3400 miles on our honeymoon.  It remained our primary car for
several more years after acquiring a second car.  In late 1967 we acquired a
MK IV with 2K miles that had been rolled. During the summer of 1968 we
exchanged almost everything under the shell of the MK IV to the frogeye.  It
remained in commuter service for another 13 years at which point it was due
for mechanical work for which we did not have time.  So the car sat on stands
in the garage for 15 years until March 1996 when we go a wild hair to have it
back on the road. So on March 23, 1996 we pulled it off of the stands and went
to work on a full frame-up restoration (1968 configuration not the 1960) On
October 6, 1996 (197 days later) we drove the car to its first show.

Both major redo's and a number of smaller task have been a joint effort.  She
has had her hands in the oil while I rebuilt the engine or some other
mechanical part and I go crawling around inside with glue and thread while she
is doing the interior or we both are pulling wiring harnesses.  Although we
were both active in sports cars in the late 50's and early 60's we have not
been active with these cars again until 1995.

>From the west coast we will be making a slow trip (trailering the car) to and
from Sprite Rush this year and hope to have an opportunity meet and visit
other folks, clubs and events along the way.

Bob and Ann
60 Sprite