Re: trans oil

To: Vllas <Vllas@aol.com>
Subject: Re: trans oil
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 19:23:26 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Vllas wrote:

> hi,
> the book says 30w,  the rest of the world says   90w, all i could find is
> 80-90w multiweight.  i think its OK, does anyone want to speak their piece
> now or forever hold their tounge....?
>
> thank you
>
> alex

 The book is correct. 30wt non detergent motor oil should be used in Spridget
trannys.
Although the book was written in 1958 when they did not have much more then 30
wt ND oil.
I have had great luck with SAE 50 wt motor oil, it's a bit heavier then 30wt.
Also a lot of people swear by synthetic gear oil. I personally have not tried
this yet.
(too many leaks)
90 wt gear oil in a Spridget tranny will do damage in the long run.

--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98