Frontline Installation Addendum

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Frontline Installation Addendum
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:15:53 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In my previous description of the installation of the Frontline shock
conversion, I forgot a small detail.  The original shocks have a cinch bolt
to tighten the shock arm on the upper fulcrum.  You line up the flat spot on
the fulcrum, insert the bolt, and tighten.  The Frontline kit has a tiny set
screw that is supposed to perform this function. No way. First I had to make
an allen wrench that would fit, then I could not tighten the set screw
enough to stop the fulcrum from turning.  I know the flat was lined up, I
marked the end of the fulcrum bolt and the middle of the flat with an "X".
I lined it up based on the mark on the end and with a flashlight I could see
the "X" well enough to tell I was hitting the spot with the set screw. How
important is it for the fulcrum to not be able to turn in the upper arm?
I'm thinking about drilling out the hole and tapping for a larger set screw.
Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Larry Miller (millerls@msn.com)
59 Bugeye (Under Construction)
60 Bugeye (Undergoing 5-Speed Transplant)
78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)