Re: Frontline Installation Addendum

To: Larry and Sandi Miller <millerls@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Frontline Installation Addendum
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:36:01 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Larry and Sandi Miller wrote:
> the "X" well enough to tell I was hitting the spot with the set screw. How
> important is it for the fulcrum to not be able to turn in the upper arm?
> I'm thinking about drilling out the hole and tapping for a larger set screw.
> Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Since it is a metal-on-metal connection (it is with the stock shock, if
the Frontline arm uses bushings, it may as well turn there), you don't
want it to turn, otherwise you would develop wear and play fairly rapidly.
As long as the fulcrum turns easier in the trunnion bushings than in the
arm, you would be ok.  Stock "rubber" bushings would probably exert
considerable force on the fulcrum, while well-greased PU bushings might
offer less resistance - hard to say.

I think a larger set screw would be a good idea.

                                                           '67 Sprite