Re: Battery charging problems

To: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>, "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Battery charging problems
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 08:39:10 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff

You have described the exact problem that I had after rebuilding the engine
on my Bugeye.  The symptoms are exactly the same and the steps I took were
exactly the same as you have, nothing worked.  I pulled the engine again to
install a rear main seal kit and when I reinstalled the engine the ignition
light was working correctly and the battery was being charged.  The problem
has not returned. My only answer is that something was loose but I have no
idea what. You might just try playing with all connections (I'm sure you
already have) including the ground strap on the battery and the one from
engine to frame. When I was at the stage where you are now, I even ran new
wires for every wire in the charging system and to the ignition light, it
did not help.

Good Luck, you have my sympathy.

Larry Miller