Re: 5 speed Bugeye (almost)

To: Larry and Sandi Miller <millerls@msn.com>
Subject: Re: 5 speed Bugeye (almost)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 20:25:52 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Daryl May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Larry and Sandi Miller wrote:

> Question for the 5-speeders:
>
> Where does the shifter sit in relation to the hole in the tunnel?  Mine
> wants to sit right up against the drivers side.  Hope there is enough play
> in the mount to get it centered otherwise the driveshaft is going to be
> cocked at an angle.
>
> Larry Miller

 My shifter sat right up next to the left side too but I heated it and gave it a
few bends now it fits perfectly and in the original metal shift boot.
I used a mapp gas hand torch and made the bends before I cut it down.
(do this before you install the new plastic bushings)

Just some Yankee ingenuity on a Jap gearbox in a British car.

--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98