RE: Seat Belts and Fast Idle

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Seat Belts and Fast Idle
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:05:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jason -

If you're replacing existing seat belts with belts similar to the original,
then use the stock mounting points.  If you're upgrading, then you will
need to carefully consider correct mounting points and reinforcement.

As for the fast idle problem:  I don't know about those with SUs but for
folks having this problem running the single Stromberg carb, check the
deceration bypass valve.  It's a little tower on the front side (towards
the radiator) of the carb that sticks straight toward the front of the car.
 It may not be seating, and will act like a partially open throttle
butterfly.  There's a small screw in the end of the tower to adjust it.  To
adjust, turn it until the RPMs stop dropping, then an additional 1/4 turn
to seat the valve.  Now you can reset your idle properly.

Going with a co-worker to look at an MGB at lunch.  Wish us happy hunting!

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net