Re: synthetics in fresh rebuilds

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Subject: Re: synthetics in fresh rebuilds
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 21:58:26 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Matt Liggett wrote:

> Is anyone using synthetic oil in their Midget?  Mine will be all new with
> fresh seals and gaskets everywhere, so I feel comfortable using synthetic
> oil.  I've had heat problems in the past and synthetics really put up
> with those conditions well.

Matt

I have one Sprite with Castrol syntec. So far no leaks ( I choose this car
because it dowsn't leak)
I guess I should change the oil this year since it has been in for 2 years now.
Still full, no problems.
The engine was rebuilt in 1983, starting using Syntec in it in 96. The engine is
now in it's 3rd Sprite and has lots of miles on it.
I like the stuff.

Frank