Rubber

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rubber
From: "Dave, ...... just Dave" <dfox@blarg.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:16:12 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey !
 I'm about to fork out a few bucks for some new window and body seals and I
remembered the days when I played with VW's and how important it was to
make sure
you purchased German (OEM) rubber products which had a 30 year life rather
than Brazilian (OEM)
rubber that would last 3 years at best.(pretty much true of the mechanical
parts as well) It was easy to tell though because the good stuff was,
naturally, twice as expensive.
 Is the rubber, sold thru Moss, VB and the like, of decent quality ? Are
there alternatives ?
Am I freaking out over a VW only phenomenon ?

thanks,
Dave Fox
'67 Midget