Re: Rubber

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Dave, ...... just Dave" <dfox@blarg.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 14:39:36 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have to agree with Ulix about the quarterlight to body seal.  I installed
a brand new set  in October of '96.  Both of them have already started to
develop "age" cracks along the edge,one of them quite large.  The hard part
of re-manufacturing the rubber parts is coming up with the molds.   If
somebody is going to go that far, at least they could try to use a rubber
compound that would last a while.  All the rubber in my '69 Dodge Charger
(original owner) is original, and as good as it was the day I bought the
car.  As relatively expensive as rubber parts are, at least they should be
more durable.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain