Re: NOS Midget MK I steering wheel

To: Frmjr45@aol.com, fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NOS Midget MK I steering wheel
From: GMari58175 <GMari58175@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:48:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-05-20 00:16:26 EDT, Frmjr45@aol.com writes:

<< Hi Fred,
   Are you sure that wheel isn't a Sprite wheel?  The Sprite Mk2s had black
 steering wheels while the Midget Mk1s had the beige or tan wheels.  I've been
 through a couple of horn buttons over the years, and when I ordered or asked
 for a Midget button of that vintage, there was only only one - the beige with
 the MG emblem, there was no other choice.  The Sprite button was black with
 the AH emblem on it.

Russ,
Not entirely true.  Actually, Very Very few midgets came with the off white or
beige wheel.  Less than 5000 of the very first Midget MkI's had the beige
wheel and plinth.  The sprites were all black!  The difference between the
midget and sprite wheels is the finned horizontal lines in the center
supports.  the sprites had them, the midgets didn't.  Besides, I think we were
getting our  chains yanked with the NOS inventory of 2 black and one white.
$50.00 a piece.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
nj