No synchro in second

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No synchro in second
From: Greg MAHNEY <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:15:43 +0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Some of you may recall that I've never been able to accurately identify the
smoothcase, MOWOG stamped, transmission in my Mk2 Sprite.  Here's a
question that I've had since I got the car, but never got around to asking.

The car doesn't have any synchro in first OR SECOND.  Apart from that it
works fine (a little noisey).  Is it possible that the synchro in second
has just stopped working, and the rest of the tranny is OK?  Or if the
synchro pooped itself, would that mean I'd have other troubles as well?

As funds become available I'll replace it with a ribcase (or is it
ribcage?, or ribcage case?), but for now I'm wondering if I can carry on
regardless.

Any guesses?

Thanks

Greg