RE: Whitworth tools

To: "'David Ramsey'" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Whitworth tools
From: Dave Formstone <dformsto@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:36:01 -0600
Cc: "'Sprite list'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well here in Canada we experience all four seasons. For those less fortunate
that means snow and very cold in the winter, wet and windy in the spring, sunny
with rainy periods in the summer, sunny and cool nights in the fall.
When I rebuild my bugeye almost every nut and bolt had rusted somewhat. Some
had rusted enough to change the size of the wrench required to remove them. I
think I am accurate in saying that 20% of the bolts snapped when I tried to
free them and yes I did use the usual penetrating oil.
AF is a British term for "Across Flats".
Dave Formstone
1960 Bugeye