Baking parts (was:: Tires)

To: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Subject: Baking parts (was:: Tires)
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:55:31 -0400
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Jeff!  Come on down here and you can bake your parts.  My wife is very
accommodating, although she keeps threatening to buy me an oven for the
garage.  One note about the paint:  if you are going to bake the parts (and
I know you aren't), you can use Plastikote engine enamel.  It comes in
several different colors, including "aluminum", which does the Rostyles
very nicely, and it doesn't need a primer.  You just spray it on and bake
it, and it comes out looking like porcelain.  Plastikote also has a clear
engine enamel, but when baked it takes on a brown tint.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

> From: Jeff Church <jchurch@exis.net>
> To: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
> Subject: Re: Tires
> Date: Thursday, June 19, 1997 12:27 AM
>
> Just got my Bugeye wheels sandblasted at the local monument (grave, that
is)
> shop for $50.  Went over to my local tire store and got 155R13 Dunlop
SR20's