Re: Wiring harness help

To: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Subject: Re: Wiring harness help
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:43:24 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jim Rowan wrote:

> Help! While in the process of replacing my wiring harness I found 1 wire
> that I cannot account for. It is a thick yellow cloth-covered wire that
> is in with the assortment of wires that runs to the voltage regulator.
> Looking
> at the wiring schematic it seems like it runs to the same terminal
> as another yellow wire, this one is PVC covered though.
> Is this correct the correct terminal or am I going to blow up the garage?
>
> Much thanks!
>
> Jim Rowan
> 60 Sprite

Jim

The thick heavy wire goes to terminal "D" on the regulator, so does the
small yellow wire.
The heavy wire should come from the generator to the regulator, the
smaller yellow wire continues on to the ignition light.
Ti be safe look at the heavy wire on the back of the generator, if it is
the same color hook it up.
If it is different, don't hook it up or you may blow up the garage.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs