Re: "Funny" Leaf Springs

To: "Greg MAHNEY" <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Subject: Re: "Funny" Leaf Springs
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 07:45:21 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You have quarter elliptic springs right? If so, they normally curve down
at the rear. It is easy enough to lower the rear of quarter elliptic cars -
just add a little wedge underneath the springs in the spring hanger (thick
side at front). The wedge doesn't have to be very thick. I don't know just
how high you car is, but 1/16" to 1/8" on the thick part of the wedge,
tapering
down to zero should be sufficient.

Mike