Re: Rear Axel Oil Seal andBrakes

To: "Greg MAHNEY" <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axel Oil Seal andBrakes
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 07:49:39 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I still use the paper gasket.

As for cleaning shoes/drums, I mostly use avgas (racing fuel). I know it is
naughty of me (so spank me!) but it works *really* well and leaves no
residue like normal petrol. It also evaporates very quickly.

I've also used brake cleaner in a can and straight acetone (which brake
cleaner
is mostly composed of).

All 3 options work well.

Don't be surprised if just replacing the gasket doesn't work.

Mike