Re: Chinese junk

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Chinese junk
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 10:26:54 PDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It may be better to have a cheap quality piece of S**T part than no part
at all but the least the seller can do is represent it as such not as a
correct replacement. When I buy a part I expect it to fit unless the
seller states that modification may be required and gives some
expectation as to the cost and amount of said modifications.
It is truly a sad state of affairs that I have gotten to the point that
I am actually suprised when a part I have purchased fits and is the
equivalent of an original item.
Here at the shop we have the manuals that state the time required for
most jobs but due to ill fitting and substandard parts they are pretty
worthless. This is aggravating enough when you are working on your own
car but how would you feel when you have to pay someone $60.00 an hour
to grind, file and drill a brand new part to make it fit?.
Peter.
'59 Bugeye
'70 MGB
'71 Midget