Re: Chinese junk

To: mdietsche@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Chinese junk
From: Vllas@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 16:42:05 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
m.
You are absolutly right. the same people that complain about quality should,
or have forgotten what it was like in the 50 and 60 when half the parts
avaliable today immediatly were constantly backordered from BMC dealers. i
have received parts that were of lower quality than i would have liked, but
generally speaking, i received parts that i was amazed anyone outside a bugeye
owner even knew existed.
as a group we should continue to endevor to improve the quality and
avaliability of replacement parts, but we should also be glad we have parts to
complain about.
that chinese manufacturer we are putting under a microscpe may decide that the
one hundred part run for ten dollar (or thousand)profit is not enoughto have
to listen to all the bashing  from the people benefitting from its labor ,
effort, and unfortunate economic condition.
after all, we are capitalists and if we don't like the product we don't have
to buy it. capital has no social responsability or patriotism, it goes where
it is most appreciated.  it is appreciated in terms of  capital in exchange
for need satisfied.

alex