Cylinder Head Capacity

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cylinder Head Capacity
From: GuyWeller@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 16:51:35 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Has anyone actually tried to measure the combustion chamber capacity ?
In David Vizard's book he sets out a way of mewasuring cylinder head capacity
by fillling with light oil from a burette (pipette or calibrated hyperdermic
?)
I tried this but found it impossible to get a sufficiently accurate figure
because of  the meniscus problem + the need to have the cylinder head
absolutetly level.  Should I keep trying

Has anyone a better method of measuring the cylinder head capacity ?

I wondered about filling it with fine sand, and then transferring that to a
measuring beaker of water and measuring the displaced water ?