Was it the car or the driver?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Was it the car or the driver?
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 10:24:56 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sunday I'm almost home from a little run with my Midget and I'm at a
light side by side with a BMW Z3 (4 cyl), light changes I start off
normally and the guy in the BMW punches it. Still having quick reactions
I punch it, and go thrugh the gears like I used to on my Firebird
Formula 455HO, my little midget blows the BMW away. Of course he could
have caught up with me eventually because of the gears and bigger motor.
I was just surprised I could beat him off the line so easily and he had
a head start. I wonder if it was my car that did it or am I just the
better driver?

Fred Krampits
1963 Midget MK I 1098CG
A Real Mean Machine