Re: Windscreen Pillars

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen Pillars
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 22:30:57 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-08-09 13:43:45 EDT, dwramsey@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<  How do you explain that Horler says they are unpainted and my original
ones are also unpainted!  I can provide proof if needed. The revised january
1997 concours restoration guide and inspection standards makes no mention that
the later pillars should be painted silver.  I guess this will go with the
"green" paint under my factory blue paint.  You supplied as evidence your NOS
in the box pillars, but these were not on a factory car, so the question is
when were they made?  All I can say is my car is factory original and the
pillars are unpainted and if this doesn't meet the concours standards then
there is a problem with the standards. I have given up on restoring the car
anyway and it will remain the Bodie of bug-i's .  Bodie is a ghost town in
California that is in a state of arrested decay, just like my blue bug-i.
                Crash >>

Well Dave, You raise a good point.   The one constant that one searching for
originality can count on is  that there are always going to be exceptions.
THis primarily due to the fact that these Sprites were made to be cheap and
often were assembled with somewhat less than consistent parts.  From a
Concours judging perspective the rules allow for an owner to provide
documentation to support any thing that might be considered "unique" in the
car.  One thing we learn early in judging concours is,keep an open mind and
listen.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
glen rock, nj