Re: Windscreen Pillars

To: <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Windscreen Pillars
From: "Leo Speichinger" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 09:49:13 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi George and Everyone:  Hope everyone has been having a perfect a weekend.
Thanks for all the input on the pillars as I just wasn't quite sure on how
to get the correct finish. When I disassembled the windscreen on the outside
of the posts they were bare aluminum except you could see silver in the
countersunk mounting holes, inside where the windshield frame had protected
the finish there was definitely a silver paint finish though. I personally
think that the weather deteriorates the silver paint so far as to make the
posts appear as they were unprotected bare aluminum. So at the same time I
paint the posts I can also paint the wheels as Iris is getting close to
getting her feet back on the ground (so to speak). Any body who has a source
for the best deal on correct original style tires please send the info.

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and input.
Leo