Re: Green Engine Paint

To: Bob Spruck <Bspruck@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Green Engine Paint
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The early Sprites had olive green engines, but I think later ones (such as
my 67) had light green engines.  Fairly close to light green Hammerite.
Some of the usual suppliers sell the olive green for Spridgets, a
different green for big Healeys.
Does anyone know if this is the one I need?

Thanks, Ulix

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Bob Spruck wrote:

> I need help in locating a source for the original or near original color
> green paint for the engine of my street/show '72 Midget which is undergoing
> an engine compartment and trunk restoration to complement the exterior and
> interior restoration of a few years ago. I used up the paint I inherited
> and would prefer brush-on rather than spray. Somehow a red or black engine
> just doesn't look right.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bob Spruck
> Sharpsburg, GA.
> '72 Midget for street and show
> '67 Midget for vintage racing
> numerous parts cars in the woods just in case

                                                           '67 Sprite