Re: Green Engine Paint

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Green Engine Paint
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 18:30:04 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just got done today painting my 1275 block and components.  I used PPG
Delstar Olive Drab (they matched a spot from the Moss can).  It came out
unbelievable.  The stuff is not cheap, but there is enough in a quart to do
many engines (split it with someone maybe).  I had sprayed the timing cover
and thermostat housing with Moss canned stuff, and after I redid it with
Delstar it was like Ru Paul vs. Cindy Crawford.   With the hardener, it
should last forever.  If you can afford it, use it.