Re: Green Engine Paint

To: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Green Engine Paint
From: Brian Thornton <bthor@master.adams.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:44:59 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'll also endorse the use of PPG Delstar for engine/transmission
applications.  I had my local PPG dealer match the Morris Olive Green from
an original oil pan that I have. (you should see the quantity and the
length of the paint runs on this thing!)  I painted my 67 Sprite
engine(HAN9U/71154 G) with this paint back in 1991 and its still holding
its gloss. Several other club members have since used this paint on their
engines with the same result.

Incidentally, I just finished my 60 Bugeye, painted it with the same paint
and had it concours judged at Conclave 98'  This time around I painted the
intake and exhaust manifolds (per original).  The engine has 62 miles on it
and the exhaust has yet to lose its gloss let alone its adhesion!  You can
really lay a gloss finish with this stuff.  Strongly recommended!

Happy Healeying!

Brian Thornton